2nd Annual William A. Schubert
2020 Memorial Scholarship
AMERICO Federal Credit Union proudly supports education and is excited to continue our scholarship program. The credit union will award FIVE $1000.00 scholarships to graduating high school seniors who plan on pursuing an advanced education in 2020 at a post-secondary, accredited educational institution or trade school.
The requirements are as follows:
• The applicant must be a member of AMERICO Federal Credit Union in good standing. We offer a complete line of services to meet your financial needs. Check your membership eligibility by visting: https://www.americofcu.com/about/become-a-member/
• The applicant must be a high school senior (at the time of the application) accepted at a post-secondary accredited educational institution or trade school for the 2020 academic year.
• Scholarship funds must be used for (1) tuition, (2) only at a post-secondary accredited educational institution or trade school, and (3) by January 31, 2021. Proof of full-time enrollment is required for the scholarship to be disbursed.
• Submit a 500 word typewritten essay on: “What are your short and long term financial goals and what is your strategy for achieving these goals? How can Americo Federal Credit Union help you achieve those goals?”
The deadline for submitting your essay is Thursday, April 30, 2020. Late essays will not be accepted. Please include a cover page with your name, phone number, high school, and post-secondary accredited education institution or trade school you will be attending. Winners will be notified by May 29, 2020. Employee and official family members are not eligible. Good Luck!
Together, We Can Make A Difference.
Applications are available at both AMERICO Federal Credit Union branches and online at www.americofcu.com. The deadline for submitting your essay is Thursday, April 30, 2020. Return or mail your essay to either of our branches.
THE DEADLINE TO TURN YOUR ESSAY IN IS APRIL 30th, 2020. APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED PAST THIS DATE.
James J. DeDad Scholarship
Thank you for inquiring about the 2020 Erie Chapter of Credit Unions James J. DeDad Scholarships. The Scholarships are available to participating credit union members between the ages of 17 and 24, who are or will be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student in 2020.
Applying for the Scholarships is easy! Just complete the attached application and write a 500-word essay on: “As a young adult, what do you feel are the necessary steps to take to ensure a secure financial future?”
Judging for the Scholarships is based on credit union knowledge and the ability to communicate your thoughts and ideas through your essay. All entrants will be notified of the Scholarship results in July. An awards ceremony for the winners will be held in August 2020.
Instructions for all Applicants applying for the Scholarships are:
- Complete the attached Scholarship Application.
- Complete the Essay Question. Your essay must be typewritten and can be no longer than 500 words.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: To avoid any indication of partiality by the judging committee, please do not include the name of your Credit Union, any employee of your Credit Union or in any way indicate which Credit Union you are a member of in your essay.
- You must return your application and essay to your Credit Union no later than June 5, 2020 to be eligible. Late Applications and Essays will not be accepted.
The Scholarships will be awarded as follows:
FIRST PLACE $ 2500.00
SECOND PLACE $ 2000.00
THIRD PLACE $ 1500.00
FOURTH PLACE $ 1000.00
FIFTH PLACE $ 500.00
THE DEADLINE TO TURN YOUR ESSAY IN IS JUNE 5th, 2020. APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED PAST THIS DATE.