We’re Here to Help: Update 3/23/2020
In light of the COVID-19 virus, many of our members are finding themselves in unchartered territory; many experiencing losses of income and hardships related to the current health crisis. We want to assure you that we are committed to helping our members as best we can as we navigate through this together.
Starting immediately, we are offering solutions to help our members when they need us the most. We urge you to seek any of the solutions that will help you through these difficult times.
If you are a member needing assistance with payments on an existing loan, we have the following program options:
Loan Payment Deferral (Extension)
Loan payment deferral is available for up to two months on existing loans. Please follow the link below for the AMERICO COVID-19 Loan extension application form.
Please call a loan representative at (814) 899-6608 with any questions you may have. Applications can be sent via secured email, dropped off at either location drive thru or faxed to (814) 899-6005.
Mastercard Skip a Pay
All AMERICO Federal Credit Union master card payments are deferred for the months of April and May 2020.
Interest will continue to accrue during this time. You may choose to make your regular scheduled payment. Some exclusions may apply.
Please contact the loan department at (814) 899-6608 with any questions you may have.
COVID-19 Emergency Relief Loan : Effective April 1, 2020
We are offering a low rate personal loan to help with your financial concerns. Loan funds can be used for any purposes such as paying bills, supplement loss of income and to cover any other critical expenses related to COVID-19.
- Loans up to $2500.00
- Rates as low as 3.99%
- No payment for 60 days
- Term up to 24 months
- No application fee or prepayment penalty
- 12-month membership required
- Must be a member in good standing
- One Emergency Relief Loan at a time
Membership eligibility and qualifying credit required. Offer available April 1, 2020 and is subject to change or withdrawal without advance notice. The advertised offer is for new money borrowed and does not apply to the refinancing of existing AMERICO Federal Credit Union loans.
Payment example: Estimated monthly payments on $2500.00 loan borrowed at 3.99% APR for 24 months with a 60-day deferral of the first loan payment, the monthly payment amount would be approximately $108.92.
Please contact the loan department at (814) 899-6608 with any questions you may have.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update 3/18/2020
AMERICO Federal Credit Union Lobbies Closing
Your safety and the safety of our staff and the communities we serve are our top priority. In response to the coronavirus outbreak, we will be temporarily closing both of our branch lobbies as a precautionary measure effective Thursday, March 19, 2020.
Although the lobbies will be closed, you will ALWAYS have access to your money at AMERICO Federal Credit Union. Your money is SAFE at the credit union, where it is insured by the NCUA. We’ll continue to serve you through our drive-thru lanes, ATM’s, night drop, audio response (1-800-732-7906), and on-line and Mobile banking.
During this time:
- Our Member Service Representatives are available to assist you by calling 814-899-6608 or 814-833-0433 from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:30 a.m. through 6:00 p.m. on Fridays. Our Loan Officers are available at 814-899-6608.
- Loan applications can be taken over the phone or on-line. Loans can be signed electronically via e-mail or by scheduled appointments only.
- You will have 24/7 access to your accounts by using our ATM’s, On-line banking, Mobile banking app and audio response system.
AMERICO Federal Credit Union’s management team continues to closely monitor this situation and will regularly communicate updates. Please watch our website and social media for updates.
Thank you for your understanding. Please take care of yourselves and stay healthy! We will get through this…TOGETHER!
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
At AMERICO Federal Credit Union, our top priority is always the safety and security of our members and employees. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 coronavirus and following guidance from health experts and federal agencies, including the Center for Disease Control, and want to assure you that we have comprehensive plans in place allowing us to provide uninterrupted access to your funds now and in the event the virus progresses.
Protecting Our Associates and Members
To assist with mitigating the spread of COVID-19, AMERICO has undertaken the following preventative measures within both of our branches.
- Systemic Cleaning of Spaces. All office areas and workspaces, including back office and lobby, are being regularly sanitized and cleaned.
- Physical Interactions. Associates have been advised to wash hands frequently and thoroughly, and to avoid bodily contact – such as handshakes – with each other and with members.
- Encourage Drive thru/Electronic Services. Please utilize the drive thru in both locations for the safety of our employees and members, as well as the electronic services listed below.
AMERICO Mobile Banking (Mobile Money)
As a member of AMERICO Federal Credit Union, you have access to all of your accounts without needing to visit a branch through AMERICO Federal Credit Union’s app, available from the comfort of your home or anywhere with internet access.
Don’t have the AMERICO Mobile App? Download a copy using the links below:
From our app, you can access convenient services such as:
- Bill Pay – Pay your bills from the comfort of your own home or office. Schedule payments to be made on a recurring basis.
- Online Banking – Quickly and securely make transfers and payments between accounts.
Online Banking- Audio Response
Preparing for Online Banking and Remote Administration of Your Finances
If you have not done so, this is a good time to set up direct deposit of your paychecks, reoccurring deposits, or automatic bill pay. These services make the day-to-day managing of your money easier and more efficient, while we remain focused on maintaining your financial wellness.
We encourage you to contact us with any questions or assistance with any of these items.
We will get through this. Together.
The next few weeks or months may be hard from the threat of sickness to the possibility of economic hardship. We are here to help you however we can. Please bookmark this page, visit our website and follow us on Facebook for announcements. We will update this page as needed to keep you informed of any changes as events involving COVID-19 continue.
COVID-19 Precautionary Measures at AMERICO Federal Credit Union
At AMERICO Federal Credit Union, service to our members remains our top priority. We are actively working to understand the threats posed by the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and are following the guidance and recommendations of health authorities to protect our members and employees.
As your trusted financial partner, we understand that we have an important role in your financial life. That being the case, we want you to know what we are doing to make sure that we continue to meet all of your financial needs, while at the same time, safeguarding the health and safety of our employees and our members that visit our branches.
Here are the steps we are taking during the Coronavirus situation so that we can continue to serve you:
- The Board of Directors has activated our Pandemic Preparedness and Response Plan and has directed Credit Union management to focus efforts on identifying essential services and making sure that our contingency plans are current and tested and that operations will continue uninterrupted.
- We are taking precautionary steps and preventative safety measures to help protect the health of our employees and our members who visit our branches. Staff is exercising caution in their interaction with members and other employees and we are regularly disinfecting workspaces and common areas.
- We are closely monitoring the situation throughout Northwest Pennsylvania and the U.S.
- We are monitoring the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), Louisiana Department of Health updates and outbreaks and educating employees.
- We will continue to do our best to provide the highest level of service to you throughout this situation. It’s what our members expect.
Now, as the Coronavirus continues to grow, we are asking for your cooperation in our efforts to safeguard the health of all of us. Here is what you can do to help:
- If you are sick, please do not come to the Credit Union. We have other ways for you to obtain financial services. Please (click here) for more information.
- When you do visit one of our branches, practice good personal hygiene, cover coughs and sneezes, use hand sanitizer/soap as much as possible, and practice social distancing.
- If you need cash, consider getting cash at one of our surcharge-free ATM’s as an alternative to visiting our Credit Union if you are concerned about being around others.
- Consider reducing your need for cash by using one of our debit cards.
- If you are not already signed up for our electronic services, Online banking, AMERICO mobile app, electronic bill payment and mobile alerts, our staff is available to help you with these services in one of our member branches.
Together, we will get through this and it is not a time to be fearful. You can be confident that AMERICO Federal Credit Union has your back and will continue with the mission of “People Helping People”. We will do everything we can to make sure that we are here for you and continue to be your trusted financial institution.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Fraud
Please be aware that with COVID-19 making headlines daily, hackers and scammers are now using this potential public health crisis as an opportunity to take advantage of unsuspecting businesses and consumers.
Fraudulent emails have surfaced claiming to be from the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the World Health Organization (WHO) directing unsuspecting recipients to harmful websites that load malware or other harmful applications, under the ruse of offering important pandemic information. In response to these and other campaigns, the CDC and WHO have issued alert warnings to consumers to be on the lookout for individuals posing as the organizations.
The best practice in avoiding scams and hackers is to not “click” on any links in emails you were not expecting or you did not request; delete the emails. As a reminder, if you suspect fraudulent activity on your account you, should contact us immediately.
Stay informed: Coronavirus Scams