AMERICO FEDERAL CREDIT UNION was formed when Erie County School Employees Federal Credit Union and American Sterilizer Federal Credit Union merged in 2003, changing our name to Americo Federal Credit Union.
Erie County School Emp FCU and American Sterilizer FCU were each chartered in the early 1950’s. At that time, credit unions served their ‘sponsor company’. As credit unions were allowed to open their membership, each individual credit union grew, adding sponsor groups.
We now have over 100 employee groups in our charter, and continue to grow into a strong, sound, full service financial institution.
Our dedicated Board of Directors and office staff have not lost sight of what is really important – our members are our number “1” priority.